Corporate Social Responsibility
Byggmax’s policy documents are based on the Global Compact and the OECD’s guidelines for multinational companies. Below is an overview of the UN Global Compact’s ten principles, in the areas of human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption for companies, with reference to the documents and policies where the guidelines have been incorporated into Byggmax’s operations.
- Principle 1: Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights (Code of Conduct for suppliers).
- Principle 2: Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses (work environment policy, diversity and equality policy).
- Principle 3: Uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining (Code of conduct for suppliers).
- Principle 4: Uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor (Code of Conduct for suppliers).
- Principle 5: uphold the effective abolition of child labor (Code of Conduct for suppliers).
- Principle 6: uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation (Work environment policy, diversity and equality policy, and Code of Conduct for suppliers).
Environment (Environment Policy)
- Principle 7: support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8: Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9: Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10: The company shall work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery (Code of Conduct for suppliers and ethical guidelines).